Why you'll love Thornwick Bay...
Thornwick Bay Holiday Village has all the ingredients needed for a great stay by the sea. You can do as little or as much as you like on this pretty part of the Yorkshire coast. You can splash and swim in the pool, grab a bite to refuel and hit the dancefloor all in one day if you wish.
Our Activity Barn has a packed schedule of activities to try from Archery and Bike Coaching to Segways and Mini Sports, or you can head to The Boathouse and activity lake for a range of brilliant water sports. There’s also a sand and pebble beach nearby, perfect for rock pooling and paddling, and beautiful clifftop walks around the headland.
Start planning your Great British break
What's at Thornwick Bay
Take a closer look at Thornwick Bay
Comfortable caravans for a great getaway
Charming chalets to cosy up in
What's new and coming soon at Thornwick Bay
NERF Training Camp
Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
NERF Training Camp
Lake Kayak Coaching
Kayak and Paddleboard Hire
Food and drink
The Lighthouse Bar & Restaurant
Cook's Fish & Chips
Bertie's Ice Cream
Things to do near Thornwick Bay
Water babies will love the indoor pool with slide, fun water features and paddling pool, plus all of the entertainment you could want, day and night! There’s a brilliant adventure trail and sand pit plus a nature garden. Not to forget the all-weather Activity Barn home to our Archery Coaching, table tennis and Segways activities.
Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary
- Indoor pool
- Slide into the indoor pool at Thornwick for a splashing good time!
- NewNew Boathouse and Jetty
- New for 2022, The Boathouse is the destination for a range of watersports
- The Lighthouse Bar & Restaurant
- The Lighthouse Bar and Restaurant is a great place to grab a meal and sports a splendid terrace opposite a sand pit and play area for children.
- Entertainment venue and Show Bar
- There’s entertainment throughout the day and evening at Thornwick Bay for all generations, and the FunWorks amusements arcade bring a seaside favourite to the park
- Dogs welcome
- We welcome dogs with open arms! There's a dog-friendly beach, and restaurant terrace; and nearby areas to walk that'll make your pooches' tails wag. You can even bring well-behaved dogs into designated areas of the main restaurant.
- Head to the Activity Barn to take on this fun sport that's all about concentration and precision.
- Adventure trail
- At Haven, we’re all about discovering the great British outdoors and you can do just that with our adventure trail. Follow this mysterious route around the park and be amazed.
- Find a table, grab a drink and watch the show unfold before you. You will need your Play Passes to access the venue
- Cook's Fish & Chips
- Enjoy the unmistakable taste of the coast with delicious fish & chips from Cook's.
- Amusement arcade
- Penny machines, grabbing machines or prizes - the fun is endless
- Firelighting Techniques
- Essential for any young explorer, this Bushcraft activity will give you the know-how to safely light a fire using things found in the wild. Our Ranger will teach you all the necessary skills and you’ll put them into practice there and then.
- Junior Segways
- Kids can master our junior Segways and show off their skills
- Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
- Grab a paint brush and get creative with your little ones
- Bike Hire
- Explore the coast on two wheels with bike hire at this park.
- NewNERF Training Camp
- New and exclusive to Haven for 2023. Combine the excitement and play of paintball, together with the speed and agility of basketball and you get NERF Training Camp. Will victory be yours?
- NewClimbing wall
- Got a head for heights? See if you can scale our mighty climbing wall
- To get started on our fantastic Segways, you need to lean in the direction you want to move and whoosh – you’re off! Our friendly instructors will show how to get going, then it's time to set off on a group tour to explore the park
- NewLake Kayak Coaching
- Book an instructed session or hire equipment and explore under your own direction
- NewKayak and Paddleboard Hire
- Hire the kit and take to the water and meander in a kayak or paddleboard
- Bertie's Ice Cream
- Nothing beats an ice cream on holiday so make sure you stop by Bertie's to pick up a cool, delicious treat (or two!)
- Mini Market
- For your everyday essentials, meals and hot snacks to last minute souvenirs.
Start your search…
Other parks nearby...
All you need to know
Our Haven package gives access to swimming pools, restaurants and entertainment shows, as well as access to book free and paid for activities, subject to availability. If you just want to use the park as a great base to explore the area, opt for a Haven Hideaway package.
Frequently asked questions
The park is mostly flat with some hilly accommodation areas.
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to the Haven newsletter to receive announcements plus other Haven news and special offers.
Haven Promise - for full terms and conditions please click here.
*"Get great value for money at Haven..." promotional messaging
When booking your holiday, choose the Haven package to access and enjoy 14 swimming sessions per holiday booking at the park's swimming pool facilities. Booking the Haven package will grant you access to all of the entertainment shows at this park. This package will also allow you to book any of the free and paid for activities on park, subject to availability.
2023 and 2024 breaks
Offers are for the whole family based on selected nights staying in selected grades at selected parks.
All offers are subject to availability, apply to new bookings only and cannot be used with any other voucher, discount or offer (unless otherwise stated).
These offers may be reduced or withdrawn without notice.
*Images are just a representation and what's featured may differ by park
*When booking your holiday, choose the Haven package to access and enjoy the swimming pools and the entertainment shows at this park. This package will also allow you to book any of the free and paid for activities on park, subject to availability.