Why you'll love Thornwick Bay...
Thornwick Bay is perfectly perched at a clifftop summit overlooking the North Sea. You'll have direct access to a beach within these magnificent natural structures and a walk further along the coastline throws up amazing photo opportunities. There are an impressive 187 conveniently located pitches, catering for everything from a tent to the fanciest of motorhomes.
You won’t just be close to the scenery - all of the home comforts available to you on the park are a short walk away from your pitch, as are the brilliant activities to be found in our Activity Barn or The Boathouse water sports hub.
Start planning your Great British break
- Pup tents not permitted
- Gazebos/event shelters not permitted
- Sleeping in awnings not permitted
Accommodation at Thornwick Bay
Pitch up perfectly with us
What's new and coming soon at Thornwick Bay
NERF Training Camp
NERF Training Camp
Pic 'n' Paint Pottery: part of Pottery Creations
Lake Kayak Coaching
Kayak and Paddleboard Hire
Food and drink
The Lighthouse Bar & Restaurant
Bertie's Ice Cream
Cook's Fish & Chips
Things to do near Thornwick Bay
Whether you’re looking a bite to eat or you’re the ultimate foodie, a meal or beverage at the Lighthouse Bar and Restaurant is spectacular. The modern facilities on the park are complimented by the impressive range of things to do in this area of Yorkshire. The Bempton Cliffs is something we think you can’t miss out on!
Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary
- New Boathouse and Jetty
- Created in 2022, The Boathouse is the destination for a range of watersports
- Dogs welcome
- We welcome dogs with open arms, and they can share your pitch with you for just £1 per dog, per night (up to two dogs per pitch). On the park, there's a dog-friendly beach, and restaurant terrace; and nearby there's areas to walk that'll make your pooches' tails wag.
- Outdoor spaces
- The stunning headland location and the wildlife rich nature areas dotted the park around are just some of the natural perks at Thornwick Bay. It's a great place to be outside so there's lots of outdoor activities and comfy seating areas to make the most of the views.
- Coming soonChopstix
- Enjoy freshly cooked noodles, tasty toppings and sizzling sides, for a faster, fresher and tastier flavour of Asian cuisine. Arriving for summer 2024!
- Indoor pool
- Our indoor pool is great for a splash and swim and is heated to make it comfortable whatever the temperature outside. You’ll love the water slide and paddling pool.
- Adventure trail
- At Haven, we’re all about discovering the great British outdoors and you can do just that with our adventure trail. Follow this mysterious route around the park and be amazed.
- The Lighthouse Bar & Restaurant
- The Lighthouse Bar and Restaurant is a great place to grab a meal and sports a splendid terrace opposite a sand pit and play area for children.
- Touring area
- The touring area is in a quiet area of the park, 10 minutes' walk from the main park facilities
- NewNERF Training Camp
- New and exclusive to Haven since 2023. Combine the excitement and play of paintball, together with the speed and agility of basketball and you get NERF Training Camp. Will victory be yours?
- Firelighting Techniques
- Essential for any young explorer, this Bushcraft activity will give you the know-how to safely light a fire using things found in the wild. Our Ranger will teach you all the necessary skills and you’ll put them into practice there and then.
- Junior Segways
- Kids can master our junior Segways and show off their skills
- Slime Creations
- A fun, interactive session where you'll learn how to make slime. You can then decorate it with glitter, sparkles, butterflies or creepy crawlies.
- Climbing wall
- Got a head for heights? See if you can scale our mighty climbing wall
- Archery Coaching
- Got a strong arm and steady eye? Why not become a bowman? With help from our expert instructors you’ll be firing like Robin Hood in no time. So, keep your eye keen, draw back that bow and let’s hit the bullseye!
- Pic 'n' Paint Pottery: part of Pottery Creations
- Grab a paint brush and get creative with your little ones
- Lake Kayak Coaching
- Book an instructed session or hire equipment and explore under your own direction
- Bike Hire
- Get moving with our bike hire with Halfords! Hire a bike and explore the park, coast and surrounding areas. We’ve got helmets and bike locks too. When you've finished your cycling adventure, pop the bikes back and we’ll do the rest!
- Kayak and Paddleboard Hire
- Hire the kit and take to the water and meander in a kayak or paddleboard
- To get started on our fantastic Segways, you need to lean in the direction you want to move and whoosh – you’re off! Our friendly instructors will show how to get going, then it's time to set off on a group tour to explore the park
- Fishing lake
- With 26 lovely spots to try and catch carp, bream, roach, perch, rudd and tench. Bring your own equipment and rod licence and get ready to fish.
- Boat Adventure
- Hop aboard and captain your own boat to explore the beautiful lake
- Bertie's Ice Cream
- Nothing beats an ice cream on holiday so make sure you stop by Bertie's to pick up a cool, delicious treat (or two!).
- Cook's Fish & Chips
- Enjoy the unmistakable taste of the coast with delicious fish & chips from Cook's.
- Mini Market
- For your everyday essentials, meals and hot snacks to last-minute souvenirs.