Why you'll love Thornwick Bay...
Thornwick Bay is perfectly perched at a clifftop summit overlooking the North Sea. You'll have direct access to a beach within these magnificent natural structures and a walk further along the coastline throws up amazing photo opportunities. There are an impressive 187 conveniently located pitches, catering for everything from a tent to the fanciest of motorhomes. You won’t just be close to the scenery- all of the home comforts available to you on the park are a short walk away from your pitch.
Start planning your Great British break
What's at Thornwick Bay
Take a closer look at Thornwick Bay
- Pup tents not permitted
- Gazebos/event shelters not permitted
- Sleeping in awnings not permitted
Accommodation at Thornwick Bay
Pitch up perfectly with us
What's new and coming soon at Thornwick Bay
NERF Training Camp
NERF Training Camp
Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
Lake Kayak Coaching
Kayak and Paddleboard Hire
Food and drink
The Lighthouse Bar & Restaurant
Bertie's Ice Cream
Cook's Fish & Chips
Things to do near Thornwick Bay
Whether you’re looking a bite to eat or you’re the ultimate foodie, a meal or beverage at the Lighthouse Bar and Restaurant is spectacular. The modern facilities on the park are complimented by the impressive range of things to do in this area of Yorkshire. The Bempton Cliffs is something we think you can’t miss out on!
Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary
- NewNew Boathouse and Jetty
- New for 2022, The Boathouse is the destination for a range of watersports
- Entertainment venue and Show Bar
- There’s entertainment throughout the day and evening at Thornwick Bay for all generations, and the FunWorks amusements arcade bring a seaside favourite to the park
- Dogs welcome
- We welcome dogs with open arms, and they can share your pitch with you for just £1 per dog, per night (up to two dogs per pitch). On the park, there's a dog-friendly beach, and restaurant terrace; and nearby there's areas to walk that'll make your pooches' tails wag.
- Outdoor spaces
- The stunning headland location and the wildlife rich nature areas dotted the park around are just some of the natural perks at Thornwick Bay. It's a great place to be outside so there's lots of outdoor activities and comfy seating areas to make the most of the views.
- Indoor pool
- Our indoor pool is great for a splash and swim and is heated to make it comfortable whatever the temperature outside. You’ll love the water slide and paddling pool.
- Adventure trail
- At Haven, we’re all about discovering the great British outdoors and you can do just that with our adventure trail. Follow this mysterious route around the park and be amazed.
- The Lighthouse Bar & Restaurant
- The Lighthouse Bar and Restaurant is a great place to grab a meal and sports a splendid terrace opposite a sand pit and play area for children.
- Wash block
- Our heated shower blocks are conveniently located for you to freshen up. There are 6 family changing rooms, baby changing facilities as well as accessible showers and W/C
- Touring area
- The touring area is in a quiet area of the park, 10 minutes' walk from the main park facilities
- NewNERF Training Camp
- New and exclusive to Haven for 2023. Combine the excitement and play of paintball, together with the speed and agility of basketball and you get NERF Training Camp. Will victory be yours?
- Firelighting Techniques
- Essential for any young explorer, this Bushcraft activity will give you the know-how to safely light a fire using things found in the wild. Our Ranger will teach you all the necessary skills and you’ll put them into practice there and then.
- Junior Segways
- Kids can master our junior Segways and show off their skills
- Seaside Slime
- Endless fun as kids make their own slime with colours, glitter and much more
- NewClimbing wall
- Got a head for heights? See if you can scale our mighty climbing wall
- Archery Coaching
- Got a strong arm and steady eye? Why not become a bowman? With help from our expert instructors you’ll be firing like Robin Hood in no time. So, keep your eye keen, draw back that bow and let’s hit the bullseye!
- Mini Sports
- Kids have fun and thrills with a whole host of exciting mini sports
- Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
- Grab a paint brush and get creative with your little ones
- NewLake Kayak Coaching
- Book an instructed session or hire equipment and explore under your own direction
- Bike Hire
- Explore the coast on two wheels with bike hire at this park.
- NewKayak and Paddleboard Hire
- Hire the kit and take to the water and meander in a kayak or paddleboard
- To get started on our fantastic Segways, you need to lean in the direction you want to move and whoosh – you’re off! Our friendly instructors will show how to get going, then it's time to set off on a group tour to explore the park
- Fishing lake
- With 26 lovely spots to try and catch carp, bream, roach, perch, rudd and tench. Just bring your fishing rod and rod licence and get ready to fish
- Boat Adventure
- Hop aboard and captain your own boat to explore the beautiful lake
- Bertie's Ice Cream
- Nothing beats an ice cream on holiday so make sure you stop by Bertie's to pick up a cool, delicious treat (or two!)
- Cook's Fish & Chips
- Enjoy the unmistakable taste of the coast with delicious fish & chips from Cook's.
- Mini Market
- For your everyday essentials, meals and hot snacks to last minute souvenirs.
Other parks nearby...
More from Haven
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to the Haven newsletter to receive announcements plus other Haven news and special offers.