Why you'll love Craig Tara...
Caravan holidays at Craig Tara are perfect for toddlers, babies and adventure seekers alike. Our Splashaway Bay multi-level water complex and all-weather Airspace sports hall will leave you feeling exhilarated. Whatever the weather, our spectacular Lighthouse Harbour Adventure Village will have the whole family on the go all day long. Or for days where you just feel like spending quiet time together, take a stroll along the rugged Ayrshire coast and take in the Scottish countryside. Please note: The golf course may not be open for the 2023 season.
Start planning your Great British break
What's at Craig Tara
Take a closer look at Craig Tara
Comfortable caravans for a great getaway
Awesome apartments waiting for you
Lovely lodges for an exhilarating escape
What's new and coming soon at Craig Tara
NERF Training Camp
Second pool flume
NERF Training Camp
Second pool flume
The Crazy Climber
Mini Aerial Adventure
The Drop and The Extreme Drop
Interactive Sand Play
Inflatable Bounce & Play
Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
Food and drink
The Brigs of Ayr
Cook's Fish & Chips Van
Bertie's Ice Cream
Things to do near Craig Tara
The beauty of the Scottish coast is in reach at Craig Tara, with rugged coastline to explore and idyllic beaches for miles. And with our exciting pool, Splashaway Bay and spectacular Lighthouse Harbour Adventure Village full of activities, you’ll never be stuck for something to do on the park.
Views of Isle of Arran
Robert Burns Birthplace Museum
South Beach, Ayr
- Splashaway Bay
- Splashaway Bay is one of the biggest indoor swimming pool complexes in Scotland. Guests can swim, enjoy the flumes, slides and a whole host of spectacular water features.
- Adventure Village
- This all-weather, state-of-the-art leisure facility is overflowing with new adventures. Adrenaline-fuelled activities include The Crazy Climber, and Adrena-Line, a multi-directional zip wire. Creative types will enjoy the Creative Studio; and there's a bar and an indoor crazy golf course too.
- There’s entertainment throughout the day and evening at Craig Tara. Catch a show in Bonga Wonga and the Live Lounge, and then head to the arcade for a quick game or two.
- Adventure Golf
- It's pretty much crazy golf but bigger, crazier and more exciting
- The Jump
- Experience a thrilling rush of adrenaline as you take one big jump
- NewNERF Training Camp
- New and exclusive to Haven for 2023. Combine the excitement and play of paintball, together with the speed and agility of basketball and you get NERF Training Camp. Will victory be yours?
- NewSecond pool flume
- For 2022, we installed a new water flume slide, and for 2023, we've added another! Featuring special effects and coloured lights, it also has a timer to record your speed.
- Amusement arcade
- Penny machines, grabbing machines or prizes - the fun is endless
- Enjoy freshly cooked noodles, tasty toppings and sizzling sides, for a faster, fresher and tastier flavour of Asian cuisine.
- The Brigs of Ayr
- The Brigs of Ayr restaurant offers stunning sea views and an equally stunning selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes. A perfect place for a meal or just for a couple of drinks with your family.
- Dogs welcome
- We welcome dogs with open arms! There's a dog-friendly beach, and restaurant terrace; and nearby areas to walk that'll make your pooches' tails wag. You can even bring well-behaved dogs into designated areas of the main restaurant.
- Adventure trail
- There’s an amazing adventure trail at Craig Tara waiting for you to walk, and the coastal area in general is fantastic for stretching the legs and sampling the fresh sea air
- Find a table, grab a drink and watch the show unfold before you. You will need your Play Passes to access the venue
- Indoor Airspace
- Mini Sports and Junior Segways plus more no matter the weather
- Pick up your bat, step up to the batting area, and go head to head against the virtual bowler, server or pitcher. Make a hit and you’ll score points with your total cricket, tennis and baseball scores shown on the leader board. Making it look easy? We can tell the machine controlling the ball's speed and spin to give you a bigger challenge.
- The Crazy Climber
- Take on the Crazy Climber and see how high you will ascend
- Kart Hire
- Put your pedal power to the test with a ride on one of our karts
- Mini Aerial Adventure
- Your little ones put their agility to the test on the Mini Aerial Adventure
- The Drop and The Extreme Drop
- See if you're brave enough to take one giant leap
- Archery Coaching
- Practice firing your arrows with Robin Hood-like precision
- Sensory room
- Our lovely sensory room is the perfect spot if you're looking for a quiet place to play and the bubble wall and smell tubs will engage children’s senses as they have fun.
- Interactive Sand Play
- It's like playing in the sand, but like you’ve never experienced before! Make a prehistoric world for the computer-generated dinosaurs and learn some roar-some facts.
- Inflatable Bounce & Play
- Bounce, slide and climb your way through the small obstacles on this bouncy castle. It's giggletastic way for your little ones to burn off some energy. We have sessions for 2-5 and 6-10 year old's.
- Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
- Grab a paint brush and get creative with your little ones
- Junior Segways
- Kids can master our junior Segways and show off their skills
- Burger King®
- Pick up mouth-watering burgers and more signature menu items at Burger King® - new for 2023, we've made way for even more guests and expanded the indoor seating
- Papa Johns
- Enjoy a tasty Papa Johns pizza takeaway on park
- Cook's Fish & Chips Van
- Enjoy the unmistakable taste of the coast with delicious fish & chips from our Cook's van
- NewThe Seaside Squad
- The Seaside Squad are on-hand to keep young holidaymakers entertained, with a refreshed line-up and new shows
- Seaside Treats
- Grab all your sweets from our seaside treats stand. You’ll love the ice cream and waffles. Don’t forget to try the coffee too!
- Bertie's Ice Cream
- Nothing beats an ice cream on holiday so make sure you stop by Bertie's to pick up a cool, delicious treat (or two!)
- Millie's Cookies
- Grab a delicious sweet treat from Millie's Cookies
- Mini Market
- For your everyday essentials, meals and hot snacks to last minute souvenirs.
Start your search…
Other parks nearby...
All you need to know
Our Haven package gives access to swimming pools, restaurants and entertainment shows, as well as access to book free and paid for activities, subject to availability. If you just want to use the park as a great base to explore the area, opt for a Haven Hideaway package.
Frequently asked questions
The park is set on a side of a hill, with flat and inclined areas. All our accessible vans are in flat areas of the park, with dedicated car parking spaces alongside the holiday homes. The accessible holiday homes are only a short distance to the facilities. We have one accessible holiday home in Carnoustie Close which is on slight incline.
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to the Haven newsletter to receive announcements plus other Haven news and special offers.
Haven Promise - for full terms and conditions please click here.
*"Get great value for money at Haven..." promotional messaging
When booking your holiday, choose the Haven package to access and enjoy 14 swimming sessions per holiday booking at the park's swimming pool facilities. Booking the Haven package will grant you access to all of the entertainment shows at this park. This package will also allow you to book any of the free and paid for activities on park, subject to availability.
2023 and 2024 breaks
Offers are for the whole family based on selected nights staying in selected grades at selected parks.
All offers are subject to availability, apply to new bookings only and cannot be used with any other voucher, discount or offer (unless otherwise stated).
These offers may be reduced or withdrawn without notice.
*Images are just a representation and what's featured may differ by park
*When booking your holiday, choose the Haven package to access and enjoy the swimming pools and the entertainment shows at this park. This package will also allow you to book any of the free and paid for activities on park, subject to availability.