Why you'll love The Orchards...
The Orchards is an action-packed Holiday Village with activities such as Archery Coaching and Junior Segways for the whole family to take on! There’s two coarse fishing lakes and a challenging 9-hole golf course to take a swing at too. Not forgetting both an indoor and an outdoor pool for splashing fun! If you fancy exploring the local area, the maritime town of Brightlingsea is nearby with daily boat trips and a sandy beach.
Start planning your Great British break
What's at The Orchards
Take a closer look at The Orchards
Comfortable caravans for a great getaway
What's new and coming soon at The Orchards
NERF Training Camp
Pic 'n' Paint Pottery: part of Pottery Creations
NERF Training Camp
Make a Bear
Food and drink
Mash and Barrel
Cook's Fish & Chips
Things to do near The Orchards
There’s plenty of things to do at The Orchards, from splashing about in the outdoor pool to strolling along the sea wall surrounding the park or down to the sand and pebble beach close by. The park has a variety of Nature Rockz activities to encourage outdoor exploration and learn new skills in a coastal location! These include Pond Dipping, Bug Hunt and Den Building.
Beth Chatto Gardens
- There’s always the chance to go for a splash or swim, whatever the weather with our indoor and outdoor options at The Orchards.
- The Orchards’ magnificent entertainment venue is on hand morning, noon and night to keep all generations satisfied. The FunWorks amusement arcade is the icing on the cake.
- Golf course
- We’re a favourite holiday provider amongst golf enthusiasts, and when you see the nine-hole course at The Orchards, it's understandable why.
- Play areas
- With four separate play areas alongside an all-weather sports court, The Orchards is great place for the kids to get away, play some sport and stretch the legs
- Mash and Barrel
- Haven's signature restaurant, Mash and Barrel, can be enjoyed at The Orchards. Mash and Barrel offers a delicious range of breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes, snacks and a wide array of hot and cold drinks.
- Coastal views
- Chill out to the sound of the sea gently lapping against the beach
- The Jump
- Experience a thrilling rush of adrenaline as you take one big jump onto an airbag below.
- Lake views
- Relax on the deck with tranquil views of the lake
- Dogs welcome
- We welcome dogs with open arms! There's a dog-friendly beach, and restaurant terrace; and nearby areas to walk that'll make your pooches' tails wag. You can even bring well-behaved dogs into designated areas of the main restaurant.
- Find a table, grab a drink and watch the show unfold before you. You will need your Play Passes to access the venue
- Papa Johns
- Enjoy a tasty pizza from Papa Johns takeaway on park
- Have a splashing time in our feature pool with your family
- Box Bar
- Enjoy a refreshing drink while watching some outdoor entertainment or just watching the kids tackling an activity.
- Burger King® Pod
- Pick up mouth-watering burgers and more signature menu items from our Burger King® "walk-through" Pod
- Cook's Fish & Chips
- Enjoy the unmistakable taste of the coast with delicious fish & chips from Cook's
- Fishing lake
- Enjoy a day fishing on our one-acre lake trying to catch bream, carp, perch and trench
- Firelighting Techniques
- Essential for any young explorer, this Bushcraft activity will give you the know-how to safely light a fire using things found in the wild. Our Ranger will teach you all the necessary skills and you’ll put them into practice there and then.
- Junior Segways
- Kids can master our junior Segways and show off their skills
- Amusement arcade
- Our amusement arcade is full of fun for all the family
- Pic 'n' Paint Pottery: part of Pottery Creations
- Grab a paint brush and get creative with your little ones
- NewNERF Training Camp
- New and exclusive to Haven for 2023. Combine the excitement and play of paintball, together with the speed and agility of basketball and you get NERF Training Camp. Will victory be yours?
- Climbing wall
- Got a head for heights? See if you can scale our mighty climbing wall
- The football-golf combo comes together here to guarantee fun!
- Bungee Trampoline
- Who doesn’t love bouncing on a trampoline? We’re certain your little ones will love bouncing on a bungee trampoline - where with the help of a bungee cord they can go as high as they wish.
- NewMake a Bear
- This creative activity lets little ones choose and design their own cuddly friend to take home
- Bike Hire
- Get moving with our bike hire with Halfords! Hire a bike and explore the park, coast and surrounding areas. We’ve got helmets and bike locks too. When you've finished your cycling adventure, pop the bikes back and we’ll do the rest!
- Kart Hire
- Take a break from walking or driving around the park and put your pedal power to the test with a ride on one of our karts. Who are you going to invite on your adventure?
- Bug Hunt
- Let kids get closer to creepy crawly nature at our bug hunt.
- Mini Market
- For your everyday essentials, meals and hot snacks to last minute souvenirs.
Start your search…
Other parks nearby...
Frequently asked questions
The park is flat.
Is the park wheelchair friendly? Yes, our 240-acre park is mainly flat and wheelchair friendly. You can hire wheelchairs or scooters from Marks Mobility Centre on 01255 435566.
Access There's disabled access to our Reception and main complex. There's a ramp to the dancefloor and toilets for disabled guests are available.
How long would it take you to walk from the furthest point in the park to facilities? 15 minutes.
Accommodation areas suitable for guests with disabilities Areas close to the facilities and suitable for guests with disabilities include: Parklands, Lakelands and Oakland Way.
Parking We have Blue Badge spaces in the main complex for those who need them.
Swimming pool There's a pool hoist available. The lifting capacity is 400lbs/181kgs. There's a ramp from the showers to the poolside and steps to access the pools.
Changing area We have a changing area for disabled guests with toilet and shower facilities.
Access to sea/beach There's direct access to a sandy and pebbly beach on park from three areas. The accessibility to these areas vary.
Haven Promise - for full terms and conditions please click here. *"Get great value for money at Haven..." promotional messaging
When booking your holiday, choose the Haven package to access and enjoy 14 swimming sessions per holiday booking at the park's swimming pool facilities. Booking the Haven package will grant you access to all of the entertainment shows at this park. This package will also allow you to book any of the free and paid for activities on park, subject to availability.
2023 and 2024 breaks
Offers are for the whole family based on selected nights staying in selected grades at selected parks.
All offers are subject to availability, apply to new bookings only and cannot be used with any other voucher, discount or offer (unless otherwise stated).
These offers may be reduced or withdrawn without notice.
*Images are just a representation and what's featured may differ by park
*When booking your holiday, choose the Haven package to access and enjoy the swimming pools and the entertainment shows at this park. This package will also allow you to book any of the free and paid for activities on park, subject to availability.