Why our guests love Craig Tara...
Touring on the Ayrshire coast is a scenic masterpiece at Craig Tara. This all-action park gives you a stunning view of one of Scotland’s most beautiful areas. You’ll have direct access to the beach a matter of steps from your pitch. There are 44 of these to choose from to suit your Tourer or Motorhome, with basic, electric and super electric options. Whether it's rain or shine, the abundance of attractions on the park give you more than enough reason to make your next stop over with us a Scottish one. Please note: The golf course may not be open for the 2023 season.
Start planning your Great British break
What's at Craig Tara
What's new and coming soon at Craig Tara
Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
The Crazy Climber
The Drop and The Extreme Drop
Virtual Batting Pro
Mini Aerial Adventure
Interactive Sand Play
Food and drink
The Brigs of Ayr
Bertie's Ice Cream
Cook's Fish & Chips
Things to do near Craig Tara
You’re spoilt for choice at Craig Tara. The huge swimming complex will keep all the family occupied for ages. You must try The Jump, The Drop and The Extreme Drop! A nine-hole golf course gives you stunning views of the Ayrshire coast. For a day out, you’re only a 10 minute drive away from Ayr, one of Scotland’s most vibrant seaside towns.
Isle of Arran
Robert Burns Birthplace Museum
South Beach, Ayr
- Splashaway Bay
- Splashaway Bay is one of the biggest indoor swimming pool complexes in Scotland. Guests can swim, enjoy the flume, slides and a whole host of spectacular water features.
- Adventure Village
- This all-weather, state-of-the-art leisure facility is overflowing with new adventures. Adrenaline-fuelled activities include The Crazy Climber, and Adrena-Line, a multi-directional zip wire. Creative types will enjoy the Creative Studio; and there's a bar and an indoor crazy golf course too.
- There’s entertainment throughout the day and evening at Craig Tara. Catch a show in Bonga Wonga and the Live Lounge, and then head to the arcade for a quick game or two.
- Golf course
- Head for the fairway and hit some spectacular shots that match the stunning scenery surrounding this nine-hole links course. Please note: The golf course may not be open for the 2023 season.
- The Brigs of Ayr
- The Brigs of Ayr restaurant offers stunning sea views and an equally stunning selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes. A perfect place for a meal or just for a couple of drinks with your family.
- Adventure trail
- There’s an amazing adventure trail at Craig Tara waiting for you to walk, and the coastal area in general is fantastic for stretching the legs and sampling the fresh sea air
- Dogs welcome
- We welcome dogs with open arms, and they can share your pitch with you for just £1 per dog, per night (up to two dogs per pitch). On the park, there's a dog-friendly beach, and restaurant terrace; and nearby there's areas to walk that'll make your pooches' tails wag.
- Wash block
- Our heated shower block is conveniently located for you to freshen up. There is a family room, baby changing facilities as well as accessible showers and W/C
- Touring area
- You'll find all you need for a comfy stay in our touring area. It's situated at the top of the park and the best views of the coast and park are a stone's throw away
- Firelighting Techniques
- Young explorers can get to grips with this age-old technique in a structured session
- Pic 'n' Paint Pottery
- Grab a paint brush and get creative with your little ones
- Inflatable Obstacle
- Thrills and soft spills to had when tackling the inflatable obstacle course
- The Crazy Climber
- Take on the Crazy Climber and see how high you will ascend
- The Jump
- Experience a thrilling rush of adrenaline as you take one big jump
- The Drop and The Extreme Drop
- See if you're brave enough to take one giant leap
- NewVirtual Batting Pro
- Hit real balls served by a virtual bowler, pitcher or server
- Mini Aerial Adventure
- Your little ones put their agility to the test on the Mini Aerial Adventure
- Sensory room
- Our lovely sensory room is the perfect spot if you're looking for a quiet place to play and the bubble wall and smell tubs will engage children’s senses as they have fun.
- Interactive Sand Play
- It's like playing in the sand, but like you’ve never experienced before! Make a prehistoric world for the computer-generated dinosaurs and learn some roar-some facts.
- Join in with the fun on our Segways
- Kart Hire
- Put your pedal power to the test with a ride on one of our karts
- Enjoy freshly cooked noodles, tasty toppings and sizzling sides, for a faster, fresher and tastier flavour of Asian cuisine.
- Mini Market
- For your everyday essentials, meals and hot snacks to last minute souvenirs
- Seaside Treats
- Grab all your sweets from our seaside treats stand. You’ll love the ice cream and waffles. Don’t forget to try the coffee too!
- Bertie's Ice Cream
- Nothing beats an ice cream on holiday so make sure you stop by Bertie's to pick up a cool, delicious treat (or two!)
- Millie's Cookies
- Grab a delicious sweet treat from Millie's Cookies
- Papa John's
- Enjoy a tasty Papa John's pizza takeaway on park
- Cook's Fish & Chips
- Enjoy the unmistakable taste of the coast with delicious fish & chips from Cook's
Other parks nearby...
More from Haven
Everything you need to about touring and camping before and during your stay with us on one handy page.
Our Haven Promise is part of every booking and you don't need to do a thing. From booking flexibility to our super high cleaning standards, we've got you covered.